Sunday, March 16, 2008

A Response To A Conversation I Had On Hiphop/Rap Music

I'm so glad to see that there are still some of us that use our minds. This mental pollution that is spreading all over the air waves is causing minds to turn into a self-hating, materialistic soup that is leading to the massive heart attack in our collective selves. Our pulse is getting weaker. We are about to code. We are slowly being conditioned to chase the dollar at all cost. We are putting dubs and chains in front of education and the true good life, which is family and close friendship.

These days if you're not bangin thug and showin yo a.., you're a punk. If you're not braggin about what you have, you're some kind of loser. If you're not talking about laying down with some body and taking chances with your life, you've got no game. Well let me tell you from experience, the Labels, the print media, film and TV want you to believe that all of the above is true. But let me tell you, it is all a part of a plan.

The plan is to keep your mind busy with bullsh... That way you are not a threat. They keep us dancing to catchy songs with B.S. hooks that say truly nothing but foolishness and destruction. Look. The number one children's learning tool is Hooked On Phonics. I wonder why? It's because music goes into the subconscious. That is where all of the information is truly stored. They know what they are doing. It's just sad that some artist would rather make money than use their God given talent to teach while they entertain.

Listen to any given radio station at any given time. You will hear the same five songs played in different order. Listen to the content. What do you hear? How do you feel after hearing the same five songs? Does the music help you while it entertains you? Remember. You mind hears every thing and absorbs every word even though you may not know it. Remember the old saying? Garbage in garbage out? And we wonder why our young is dying in the streets every day trying to keep up with each others greed, or trying to out thug each other? These are our babies that we are losing to the pen and the grave. We should care even if no one else does.

Now I'm not saying that every song should preach. But, what I am saying is every song should not put our people in a mind set that will continue to cause the destruction of our people. It should help our people grow as it entertains. Why is there so much pride in being one of the people holding us back, jailing us, killing us. Why is being ignorant so cool? I just don't get it.

There are artist out there that can handle the job of both keeping the party going and teaching at the same time. This is no sales pitch, but I am one of them. No, I'm no mega star. But I have excellent work that I will be making available in the months to come. If you are interested, leave me a note and I will give you more information. But don't stop with me. Seek out the artists that are trying to bring us along. They are out there.

No one will ever replace Pac. It just won't happen. But we owe it to ourselves to make our concerns known to the Record Companies that there is a market for true music. Let the media know that we deserve better music, film, and TV productions. Let them know that we are tired of the poison. We deserve better!


Thank you for taking the time to read me.

Keep using your brains yall.

Love to my people.

I'm out.

1 comment:

Albert said...

That's a bold and passionate opening statement for your blog, Rational.

How much of what's out there (hip-hop on the radio) is negative and "fluff" versus positive and thoughtful? I would be interested to read a post from you pointing out specifically which artists/songs you consider taking things in the right way, the wrong way and the middle-of the road way.

My feeling is that there's room for rap of every stripe. I think your main complaint is that they only play the stuff that pushes materialism and gangsterism and sexuality, while leaving out the cuts that talk about getting the mind to a higher level. Is that right?

How do you feel about NWA in terms of their overall effect on hip hop? Would there be a 2Pac without NWA?

And finally, what about Vanilla Ice? The boy needs love!