Today there are all sorts of problems. The recession is putting people into a state of panic. Jobs are being lost. Homes are being foreclosed. People are losing their life savings. Times are hard, very hard.
As the TV news and every other media outlet find a way to communicate every other 10 seconds or so that the economy is horrible, we should take a deep breath and realize that we are alive. We have breath in our lungs for another day no matter how bad a time we are going through. There a many that have passed to the other side that would love just to breath again. They Cherish the memories of there families and wish that they could see them, hug them, and say that last word to them. But, their time is no more. They will never get to look at their loved one in the eye as they smile at them joyously. They can't laugh at thier family members corny jokes. They are gone.
The dead have found that there are no bills that truly matter. The dead don't worry about losing their jobs. The dead don't care about foreclosure. They could care less about the economy. They just wish that they were with their families, alive.
I know, if you are in one of the situations mentioned above, you are think that I have a lot of nerve. You're thinking that I must not be in that situation. You think that I am in a home and have plenty of food and necessities. You would be correct in that assumption. But, I know that I could be one of the millions that are losing their jobs. I know that I could be forced out into the streets. I know that I could be in the same situation that millions are by the time I wake up in the morning. But, guess what. I will still thank God above for being able to breath. For being able to see my family members and close friends.
In bad times we all deal with all sorts of problems and ups and downs. We lose jobs. We lose homes. We sometimes go to bed without a meal. But most of us wake up in the morning. We see the sun shine. We see our families breath, smile, laugh. We may be doing all of these things in a Salvation Army parking lot. But, we are together and alive and that is worth a million homes. That's worth more than any job. That's worth more than anything in the world.
Times are hard. But, you're alive.
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment